It’s been a while, so here are some things to note.
- I’m writing this on my laptop in bed in the dark. Why – you ask… well, becasue the puppy is asleep in the crate, and if I have the light on, or if I move to the living room he either whimpers/whines/yips – or if I stay in the bedroom with the light on, then he does dramatic yawning with sound effects. Seriously. I just don’t have it in my tonight to pretend I don’t hear it.
- Xanax withdrawl symptoms look a lot like dementia, so I’ve learned.
- I suck at things finance based – both in professional and personal life.
- Thanksgiving was alot of food, some totally random moments and generally speaking alot of fun.
- Black puppy and my dad’s dogs get along well, and after a few hours in the pen with them, my puppy is exhausted – which Eff-ay-bee-oh, fab-u-lous. (Tocarra from ANTM… anyone… anyone?)
- I am lucky to have good good good friends. Really – when I think about the things I’m thankful, its right up there.
I think thats it.
Short story long- it looks like the past 2 weeks of craziness out of my grandmother is related to Xanax withdrawls… No, really. Apparently when you go off the Zanax/Xanaz cold-turkey, then you get alot of really fun withdrawl symptoms, including:
That list explains the 2 am phone calls to whole bunch of people by my grandmother freaking out (anxiety) about a)losing the dogs, b) being in the wine cellar of a house trying to break up a party c) being at her first school from 60 years ago and needing a ride home… (hallucination/panic).
It’s been a crazy couple of weeks, but I’m glad it looksl ike I can put down the brochures for the “memory care” units of local old people farms for awhile.
Sidenote – if you could let me know if you need me to add you to my “put me somewhere nice” list – I’d apprecaite. So far, I’m planning to book 2 wings in a few years. One that has my mom, marilyn, and ann, and the other that as my dad. That way visiting will be really easy, I can just swing through one a week for a few hours and visit everyone all at once. So, if you’d like me to add you to my list – just let me know.
Allright, now I’m going to put on my mentor hat and talk to my neice via fb about the boyfriend drama, while listening to the puppy snore, and having the cat breathe his nasty breath in my face because he’s just joined the party…
Happy Thanksgiving to you all, Im grateful for so many things, including my IRL friends and blog friends!