alternately titled: one day of summer
aka: using up another weird draft post that I never finished.
During my one day of summer I…
- Slept In
- Started a book
- Drank Coffee
- Got a mani/pedi… pink/turquoise, with sparkles
- Got a very short haircut. (whoops?)
- Drove around SLO with Kaleena and did things like pick up my refurbished, but are basically new shoes, and try on the toe-sock shoe things, while not knocking over the wobbly display of crocs.
- got coffee
- looked at curtains and tables
- drove by and examined my house.
- shopped at trader joes
- made a dinner that was made for just me and not me plus 60 that i had to serve
- finished a book
It was a great day of summer.
This week I only have fun nights planned, tonight dinner and books, tomorrow dinner and good conversation, etc.
My mom pointed out that this is the first year in 3 years that I’ve been able to come home from Camp and just – be home. The last 3 years I’ve had to jump right back into Vestry and Church and this year, I just get to be home in my house.
However – starting Monday, the packing begins.
Because the moving begins.
And then there was that one glorious day of summer….
and I liked it.