Okay – so here are some… sparklers from this weekend.
1. Lots of quality time with my bestie
2. 2300 riders across the border in 1 hour, 45 minutes
3. Getting told I did a good job by the Canadian Mounties.
4. Standing at the front of camp for 6 hours directing bikes and traffic
5. getting handed a water bottle and a sandwich by a spectator, who felt bad for me.
6. getting inspected by that spectator to ensure I had my entire staff uniform on… (staff shirt, khakis, jacket, hat, safety vest, and pom in my back pocket, along with 2 cell phones, a walkie, and a glow stick) … when I returned in the morning to direct the 2300 people out of the field, and prevent locals from running them over .
7. 10 hours in marymoor park. where it rained.
8. 17 shuttles ordered, 14 that showed, 1 that got very stuck in the mud
9. Figuring out how to transport 80 people from where we were to Vancouver, Canada. Which in case you were curious is 3 hours, one border crossing, and a giant pain in the ass.
10. Being the “face” of the problem, keeping 80 people entertained, relatively happy, somewhat confident that we were going to fix it, and then fixing it.
11. Making this phone call 12 times: Hi, my name is Alison and I’m calling with the ____ event. I have a question, and no I’m not kidding. Are you able to transport people to Canada? Great – are you able to transport 80 people to Canada in the next hour?
Abbas from his company literally rolled in with vans and a giant expedition in under an hour to get people moving. Holy. Hell.
12. Feeling like my feet are going to fall off.
13. Sitting in Seattle – really Redmond, working today – figuring out if I’ll see anyone while I’m here!