I never thought I would be SO happy, as to have heard that magical number.
Yesterday, I spent the day at Brooklyn’s Blood Drive. The Blood Drive was in honor of Kelly and Andy’s daughter, Brooklyn – who I’ve mentioned in previous posts. It was a GREAT day, and it reached the goal of 46 units – one for each day Brooklyn was here. Kelly has a great wrap up and pictures, on her blog – you can reach it by clicking here.
I spent the day with Kelly, Andy, Aubs, Lynette and about a zillion members from the community. Well – correction, I spent the day minus a 2 hour window when I drove back from SM to find my wallet in GB, only to not be able to find it and freak out that it was stolen… only to then hear that my Mom had found it in her back bedroom… cause that makes sense. It was awesome to see sooooo many people there, and lots of people that I knew. I’d never donated blood before, and I was really glad that I did it. It didn’t hurt, and I did NOT pass out. After the blood drive was wrapped up, I went back to Kelly and Andy’s to hang out for awhile before we went to dinner. It was like a time-warp. We were all a little loopy from the being outside all day, and the donating of the blood – and it was like a bunch of drunken fools in that room. PLUS – time flew. All of a sudden it was 6:30, and it just a few seconds before had been like… 4pm or something. From there I went Holiday Shopping and then came home and passed out at like… 10.
As you know, I like to find the funny – so here’s a few of my favorite lines/moments that I heard about or witnessed yesterday, and just a couple of moments I’ll value for a long time.
1. “I’m feeling a little buzzed…” HELLO – tough guy, go sit down. That’s called being light headed.
2. “I’m transitioning my banana.”
3. Seeing my very first friend for the first time in many years. I loved seeing Lauren, and the vintage picture of us. Who needs pants… not us!
4. My Mom bringing me my WALLET – and LUNCH!! Both were very much needed!!
5. “They asked me if I’m a prostitute. I am NOT a prostitute!!” (For some reason that was VERY funny last night).
6. Dinner. OMG. Dinner. The. Worst. Service. Ever. And yet – painfully funny. BREAD – WE WANT MORE BREAD AND LIKE 12 BASKETS OF IT. So many moments… the 10 month old girl, the lady… you know the one, the fact that our “server” had painted on eyebrowns.
7. Aubs and AJ finally meeting – yay!! Such cute babies.
8. This picture – posted on K’s blog. Nice sharpie work Hubs…
9. Poppy “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” followed by a comment I can’t repeat.
10. Seeing Kelly’s face when she came out to announce that we had hit 46. It reminded me that prayers are answered, and you get what you ask for. I’m so glad I got to be part of the process.
Thanks Kelly for organizing such a great day, I’m so glad I got to be a part of it!