I did it. I saw… “THE MOVIE”… that everyone is talking about. While I did not go to the midnight show, I did see it today.
So… what did I think?
I didn’t love it.
I KNOW – what is my problem!! But, to be honest, I didnt love it. I liked it. I was glad I went, but I was was not as blown away, as I thought I would be. So, below are some things I liked and didnt like… And really – generally, in life I’m not a “nit picker” – but some of the things just bugged me… I’m going to start with what I didnt like, so I can end the process on an up-note.
1. Edward – ugh. I know – seriously people, I just wasnt thrilled. I didnt love that dude in HP – and I don’t love him here. Especially after I googled a little and found out who the author originally wanted… no comparison. Plus, I don’t think the guy is a great actor – I was a little bothered by how forced it felt.
2. The altering of some plot lines… running to the meadow, killing of the friend, Port Angeles, jumping/flying tree to tree, Edwards TINY bedroom, the car crash…
3. Glittering in the meadow. Listen people, when I read the book I had a very clear vision of what that must look like. The book made me feel like he was PAINFULLY BRIGHT WHITE and SPARKLEY…. like… omg I can’t look at him he’s SUPER DUPER REALLY ALOT SPARKLEY… and… in the movie I felt that it looked like a prop guy sneezed near a glitter can, and some got on Edward and so he was a bit glittery…
4. In the hospital scene… Bellas oxygen tubes. I usually don’t nitpick scene changes, or prop changes, but if your going from a tight shot to a wideshot and the oxygen tubes are featured prominently – AT LEAST HAVE THEM IDENTICAL… it bugged me that in some shots they were litterally over/touching her eyes and in some… no where near her eyes.
5. The Make-Up and Costuming and some of the Casting. I didnt picture Charlie with a mustache… I thought he was going to look… I dont know… different. Ummm… Okay – so Carlisle… looked WEIRD. Especially wierd, given that the very tan Peter Fascinelli plays him… (Jenny Garths husband). I liked the costuming/make up of Rosalie and Alice, and Esme (I had forgotten that looney tunes Ava/Rebecca was in this). Jasper… where are his silvery scars? and… I don tknow – something was just off… and finally… In the book they are pale pale pale pale pale – I dont mean ethnically I just mean, crayon colored white – but they ALL had rosy cheeks, and BELLA was paler. She was super duper pale and for some reason that really bugged me.
6. Her truck – in my head it was shiny cherry red… like shiney. shiney red…. not rusty red.
Okay – enough bitching – what did I like…
1. Emmet… OMG – he cracked me up, some of his background work was funny… waving the knife in the kitchen, for one.
2. Alice decapitating James. I love that the two boys held him down and she ripped his head off.
3. The cinematography – I thought the actual film was beautiful. I loved living in the PNW, and seeing the misty goodness was really nice, and I thought it was gorgeous.
4. “We’re making Italiano for you”… I thought that was a great scene.
5. Jacob – I’m excited to see how this plays out and what he looks like later. You know… later.
6. The final 30 seconds of the movie…
Okay – so I”m pretty even, with the ups and downs – generally speaking I liked it. I’m glad I went. I will go see the next one, probably on the day it comes out -I just wish I LOVED IT… know what I mean??
Sorry if this spoiled you or if you disagree and I’ve damaged yoru feelings and impressions… feel free to comment below!